Welcome to the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management This is a distance learning, online tutor-supported course. a tutor will be assigned to you and they will be…
2 learners taking this course
ILM Level Certificate in Leadership & Management
The ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management programmes has been designed for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities. They particularly support practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures. They provide a solid foundation for their role of leader/manager in a business or organisation.
The courses are delivered through a combination of online and work-based learning to develop a range of leadership and management skills, both formally and through work-based learning. Programmes are split into modules, each with a blend of online learning and practical activities. Students submit an assignment for each module, from which they receive regular feedback, and these also form the basis of their assessment. In addition, each student is fully supported (by Skype or ‘phone) with their own dedicated management development tutor coach.
Research shows that ILM qualifications enhance an individual’s abilities and overall professional success. Over 750,000 managers have taken an ILM qualification in the past 10 years and employers say 93% of managers perform better at work after an ILM qualification. Likewise, 78% of employers agree that recognised qualifications provide quality assurance for customers and that the benefits outweigh the time, money and effort invested in obtaining them.
ILM is the UK’s leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications and a City and Guilds Group Business. ILM offers a specialist suite of qualifications ranging from Level 2 to Level 7, which are awarded by The City and Guilds of London Institute. All ILM qualifications have been accredited by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
The Certificate provides the opportunity to explore the nature of the skills required to be an effective leader and evaluate their own leadership ability. This provides a solid foundation for personal development and provides valuable insights into the skills required to manage a variety of situations. The course also looks at the key skills of effective team building, staff motivation, planning and allocating work and management communication.
8600-308 – Understanding leadership
- Understand leadership styles
- Understand leadership qualities and review own leadership qualities and potential
8600-303 – Planning and allocating work
- Know how to plan work in the workplace
- Know how to allocate work to team members
- Understand how to improve the performance of a team in delivering to plan
8600-300 – Solving problems and making decisions
- Know how to describe a problem, its nature, scope and impact
- Know how to gather and interpret information to solve a problem
- Know how to evaluate options to make a decision
- Know how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of decisions
8600-301 – Understanding innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand the effects of innovation and change on people and teams in an organisation
8600 – 339 – Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching
- Understand the context for effective workplace coaching
- Understand the process and content of effective workplace coaching
8600-310 – Understanding how to motivate to improve performance
- Understand the factors that influence motivation levels in the workplace
- Understand how a theory of motivation can be used to improve performance levels
This course is a Level 3 qualification accredited by the ILM, the ILM is the UK’s largest management body, combining industry-leading qualifications and specialist member services.
On-line delivery with tutor coach support
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be either practising or aspiring team leaders with management responsibilities who are serious about developing their abilities
What benefits might I expect from the programme?
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
For your organisation
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Proven skills – to get this qualification, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to their organisation
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities
- Achievement of their aims
- Progression towards their visions
- Accredited Prior Learning
This programme offers participants the opportunity to gain recognition, and build on their management and leadership skills and confidence.
This unit helps the learner describe the factors that will influence the choice of leadership styles or behaviours in workplace situations. Additionally, the learner will be able to explain why…
This unit helps learners assess their own leadership behaviours and potential in the context of a particular leadership model and their own organisation’s working practices and culture, using feedback from…
As leaders and managers how we plan and allocate team tasks can be the difference between success and … Key learning outcomes from this unit are: Know how to plan…
Learners are asked to explore and then describe a specific problem, its nature scope and impact within their organisation. Key learning outcomes from this module are: Know how to describe…
Learners are directed to gather and interpret information to identify possible solutions to a problem. Then prepare a summary of the options providing facts and evidence. Key learning outcomes from…
Change is a constant in any organisation, how we deal with and manage it is key to success. Key learning outcomes for this unit are: Understand innovation and change in…
In this lesson, we take a look at what coaching is, a brief history and some key figures and some definitions. The key learning outcomes of this unit are: Understand…
In this lesson, we take a look at two different coaching models, GROW and WHAT. This includes a video of each model being used in a coaching session. Click on…
In this lesson, we take a look at barriers to coaching in the workplace and also learning styles. Click on the button to launch this lesson. (will open in a new…
Team motivation and monitoring team members performance against set objectives are key management responsibilities. The key learning outcomes of this unit are: Understand the factors that influence motivation levels in…